Fourth Quarter Sports’ NBA Mock Draft 2.0
As we look ahead to the NBA Draft, teams are starting to plan for what they want in the draft and free agency. How each team drafts will help us figure out where they plan to go in the free agency period.
But first, we have to find out who is going to get drafted where? Let’s compare this second mock draft to the first one from a few weeks ago and see how things have changed.
Like the first version, I’ll tell you all the players who’ll be drafted, and which teams could look for trades. Some trades have changed and that will make the draft order change as well.
Trades like the Atlanta Hawks trading Taurean Prince to the Brooklyn Nets for Allen Crabbe and the no. 17 overall pick. That pick gives the Hawks three first-round picks to go with their three second-rounder and they could be looking to move up or down in the draft.
One pick the Hawks have their eyes on is the 4th overall pick that could be very well possible after the biggest trade so far this year. If you haven’t heard by now, the Los Angeles Lakers traded the 4th pick for New Orleans Pelicans’ Anthony Davis. The Pelicans got PG Lonzo Ball, SG/SF Brandon Ingram, SG Josh Hart, 4th overall pick, 2021 first-rounder, 2024 first-rounder.
The Memphis Grizzlies also help themselves with the trade with the Utah Jazz. Grizzles send Mike Conley Jr. to Utah for Jae Crowder, Grayson Allen, Kyle Korver, and the 23rd pick.
Let’s actually see if this pick does get traded as we go along in this mock draft.
Unlike the last mock draft, I will start with No.1 and work our way to No. 30. Let’s see how this mock will go with just two days left before the NBA draft.
1. New Orleans Pelicans: Zion Williamson, PF/C, Duke
2. Memphis Grizzlies: Ja Morant, PG, Murray State
3. New York Knicks: Darius Garland, PG, Vanderbilt
4. Atlanta Hawks (Via New Orleans): DeAndre Hunter, SG/SF, Virginia
5. Cleveland Cavaliers: R.J. Barrett, SG, Duke
6. Phoenix Suns: Coby White, PG/SG, North Carolina
7. Chicago Bulls: Cameron Reddish, SG/SF, Duke
8. New Orleans Pelicans (via Atlanta): Jarrett Culver, SG, Texas Tech
9. Washington Wizards: Sekou Doumbouya, F, France
10. New Orleans Pelicans (via Atlanta from Dallas): Jaxson Hayes, PF/C, Texas
11. Minnesota Timberwolves: Rui Hachimura, F, Gonzaga
12. Charlotte Hornets: Nassir Little, SF, North Carolina
13. Miami Heat: Romeo Langford, SG, Indiana
14. Boston Celtics (via Sacramento): Brandon Clarke, PF, Gonzaga
15. Detroit Pistons: Nickeil Alexander-Walker, SG, Virginia Tech
16. Orlando Magic: PJ Washington, PF, Kentucky
17. Atlanta Hawks: Bol Bol, C, Oregon
18. Indiana Pacers: Kevin Porter Jr., SG, USC
19. San Antonio Spurs: Matisse Thybulle, G/F, Washington
20. Boston Celtics (Via L.A. Clippers): Goga Bitadze, C, Georgia
21. Oklahoma City Thunder: Tyler Herro, SG, Kentucky
22. Houston Rockets (via Boston): KZ Okpala, F, Stanford
– Trade not for Clint Capela, but to move into the first round.
23. Memphis Grizzlies (Via Utah): Cameron Johnson, G, North Carolina
24. Philadelphia 76ers: Ty Jerome, G, Virginia
25. Portland Trail Blazers: Keldon Johnson, SG/SF, Kentucky
26. Cleveland Cavaliers (via Houston): Grant Williams, F, Tennessee
27. Brooklyn Nets (via Denver): Nic Claxton, C, Georgia
28. Golden State Warriors: Carson Edwards, PG, Purdue
29. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto): Luka Samanic, F, Crotaia
30. Milwaukee Bucks: Bruno Fernando, F/C, Maryland
As you could see, I did not go in depth on each pick, but I did make changes based on trades. Atlanta takes the risk and trades up to 4th to draft Virginia’s DeAndre Hunter. They could’ve took Cam Reddish at 8.
The New York Knicks surprisingly drafted Vanderbilt’s point guard Darius Garland. Seems like the Knicks don’t have hope for signing Kyrie Irving. Maybe their focus is on Kevin Durant and Jimmy Butler. We’ll see how their free agency goes.
The Boston Celtics receive P. J. Tucker from the Rockets and a future first-rounder for their 24th pick as Houston wanted to move up in the first round.
Don’t forget to tune into the NBA draft on Thursday, June 20, and watch too see what happens with several teams and players! Let us know what you think about this draft?